Everybody loves a good party – it’s just what KIND of party you like… Of course, alcohol and junk food are not essential for a great gathering but unfortunately these guys are most common additions to a fun night.
You can totally stay on track with your diet – just make a plan in advance and stick to it.
Choose your glass
- Sparkling water
How much: Unlimited
Tip: Who says you can’t have a tall glass of water on the rocks with a slice of lemon there?
- Dry wine
- Whiskey, vodka, gin (straight)
How much: 1-2 glasses
Tip: Decide how many glasses you will allow yourself in advance.
- Sweet wine
- Mixing spirits with soda
How much: 0
Tip: Mix your spirits with diet coke or club soda if mixed drinks are your absolute favourite.
Need a snack?
- Hummus with carrots and celery sticks
- Cucumber bites with cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Caprese salad with light mozzarella
- Pickles and turkey breast salami
- Avocado hummus and veggies
How much: 2 handfuls
Tip: No matter if you're a guest or a host – making sure there will be healthy snacks is important
- Brie and walnuts
- Light chips
- Prosciutto on asparagus
- Grapes and almonds
- Melon cubes
- Tortilla chips with home-made red salsa
- Feta with black olives
How much: 1 handful
Tip: Don't punish yourself if tonight isn’t a perfect dieting day – but keep an eye on your portions
- Regular chips
- Vegetable chips
- Tortilla chips with store-bought dips like nacho and guacamole
- Full fat cheeses with bread and meat cuts
How much: 0
Tip:Eat before coming to a party and bring some healthy snacks with you if you want
Few other things you can do
- Exercise before going to the party and next day – even if it’s just a 1-hour walk.
- Stay hydrated the whole day and don’t forget about drinking water during the party. This will ensure you’re not puffy and your metabolism is on point during indulging.
- Take carb and fat blockers to decrease the caloric intake at the party.
- Make sure to have a great sleep afterwards. This will save you from eating from exhaustion the next day.
- Bring a supportive friend. Include them into you plan, let them help you if you’ll be lacking motivation at some point.